Sweet Laurel Savory: Everyday Decadence for Whole-Food, Grain-Free Meals: A Cookbook
By: Laurel Gallucci and Claire Thomas
From the two women behind Los Angeles’s Sweet Laurel Bakery, praised for their inventive and beautiful approach to grain-free, refined-sugar-free, and gluten-free food, comes their second cookbook, Sweet Laurel Savory: Everyday Decadence for Whole-Food, Grain-Free Meals (Clarkson Potter). Laurel Gallucci and her creative director, Claire Thomas, help readers enjoy the same principle that they introduced in the Sweet Laurel cookbook--delicious simplicity (rather than restriction)--applied this time to the world of savory baking and cooking, including breads, pizza, pastas, quiches, pot pies, bowls, and more.
LAUREL GALLUCCI has baked delicious treats since she could turn on the oven. After she was diagnosed with an aggressive autoimmune disorder and her doctor put her on a strict diet, she started creating recipes of her own. Excited by the encouragement of friends and family, she turned her test kitchen into Sweet Laurel Bakery. CLAIRE THOMAS is the cofounder, creative director, and photographer of Sweet Laurel. Claire and Laurel's shared love of old-fashioned cooking, Los Angeles history, and blush-colored roses has led to a business founded in friendship. She is also the cook, writer, and photographer behind The Kitchy Kitchen.
Some Chapter and recipe highlights include:
- BREAKFAST: Turmeric Waffles; Maple Bacon Caramelized Onion Rolls; Sunny-Side-Up Mushroom Mini Galettes
- APPETIZERS, SIDES AND DIPS: Sweet Potato and Spinach Empanadas; Caramelized Lemon Broccoli Salad; Mac and Cheese with Rustic Croutons
- SOUPS AND SALADS: Chili Bread Bowl; Watermelon Crispy Pita Bowl; Avocado Fattoush Salad
- SANDWICHES: Roasted Cauliflower Steak Sandwich; No-Garbanzo Falafel; Adobo Roasted Chicken Tacos
- PIES, PIZZA, AND FLATBREADS: Cherry Tomato Tarte Tatin; Scallion Pancakes; Sicilian Pan Pizza
- FEAST: Whole Roasted Chicken with Croutons; Rack of Lamb with Roasted Sweet Potatoes; Salsa Verde Enchiladas with Coconut Crema