Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Sourdough Stuffing
A stuffing that's just as nourishing as it is delicious. With gluten-free sourdough bread, dairy free butter and bone broth, it's the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving table this year.
- 1 Loaf Cock-A-Doodle-Do Sourdough
- 3/4 Miyoko's Vegan Butter
- 1 Sliced Leek
- 2 Stalks Celery, sliced
- 1 Bunch Black Kale, washed and chopped
- 2 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Fresh Thyme
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Sage
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 1/2 Cups Ripe Bone Broth
- 2 Large Eggs
- Night before: Tear the bread into 1 inch pieces and spread out on baking sheets and let dry out overnight.
- Day of: melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat and add the chopped leak and celery and sauté until golden brown. Mix in the chopped kale and minced garlic and cook until the kale has wilted.
- In a very large bowl, combine the sautéed vegetables, break, herbs, salt and pepper, then mix to combine.
- Pour half the broth over the mixture, mix gently, then set aside to cool for 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350℉. Whisk the eggs into the remaining broth then pour over the bread mixture, mixing gently until well combined.
- Grease a large baking dish with butter, then pour the bread mixture into it.
- Cover with dish with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes, then remove the aluminum foil and bake for another 40-45 minutes until the stuffing is golden brown and crispy on top.
- If you want to prep the stuffing in advance, bake the covered stuffing for just 40 minutes the day before, then bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes the day of until browned and crispy on top.